What are cookies?
A cookie is a small text file that is sent to your internet browser. Examples of internet browsers are Internet Explorer, Safari, Google Chrome, and Moz lla Firefox. Your internet browser will save the cookie. Cookies remember what you do online. Some internet programs simply will not work without cookies, Internet Banking for example. Cookies also help you navigate the website quickly and efficiently. View the list of cookies.
Cookies have featured in the news quite a lot recently. This is down to new legislation for cookies that came into effect on 5 June 2012. In order for us to comply with this new legislation, we are making a few changes to our website. We will, for example, be asking you for your permission to install certain cookies. We are currently looking into how we can do so in a way that works best for visitors to our website and for our website itself.
What does ABN AMRO Lease do with the cookies?
- We study how (groups of) users use our website, so that we can improve the site.
- Cookies allow us to better inform you about our services and products.
- To make analyses for research.
- To improve the website, making it easier for you to find what you are looking for.
- To maintain our relationship with you as the customer.
Can I disable cookies?
You can disable all cookies on your computer. This is done by changing the settings of your internet browser to block all cookies. Do bear in mind, however, that certain online features will then cease to work properly on your computer. You will, for example, no longer be able to log in to our website.